Friday, April 8, 2011

Grilled BBQ Ribs

We had a ton of sides leftover but nothing to go with it. I saw we had a rack of ribs and decided to throw it on the grill since it was nice out. First I let it sit at room temperature, while the grill was warming up, marinading in the spice rub I threw together with some pantry items: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, red chili powder. I made sure to keep the grill around 300-400 degrees F. Grilled it for 30 mins total (covered) making sure to turn it constantly. You can adjust the time for smaller racks, mine was thick. (Note: When the top of the ribs where the fat is was grilled, I avoided having it contact the grill again - so it wouldn't burn.) During the last 10 mins I brushed some of my BBQ sauce I had made on all sides, reserving some for dipping. It turned out really good! The best part about it was that it was an impromptu dish with pantry items, and took less than 30 mins. You gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment