Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cookies 'n Cream Icebox Cake


My favorite type of cake is probably ice cream cake. It's not too sweet but still satisfies your sweet tooth. That's why it's the only type of cake my family can all agree on. This icebox cake really reminds me of an ice cream cake, and it's so easy to make too. I know what I'll be making my family for their next dinner visit!

First I made the Oreo crust by crushing up enough Oreos to cover a 9" springform pan. Mix in about 2-3 tbsp of melted butter to the crushed Oreos, and then press it into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake it at 350 degrees F for about 10 mins. While that's cooling I start on the filling. With a hand mixer, I beat 2 c heavy cream, 1 c sugar, 8 oz mascarpone cheese, and 2 tsp vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Then I mix in more crushed Oreos. Add the filling to the pan with the cooled Oreo crust. Spread the filling out evenly in the pan, and then cover the pan tightly with saran wrap. Chill overnight. When you take it out of the freezer, run a knife under some water and then along the edge of the cake. This will help it come out cleanly. Last step is to just serve you up a slice!

1 comment:

  1. hhummm que rico me encanta!
    Por aquí me quedo a seguirte!
    Feliz miercoles!
    Un beso grande desde Madrid,
    Nieves.
    http://igloocooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete