Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Food Network Fan's Travel to NYC - Butter

Butter
Chef Alex Guarnaschelli (Chopped)

When you enter the restaurant, you stumble upon an intimate ambiance filled with candles and lights strung around the restaurant. The food was delicious and probably had the biggest portion compared to all the restaurants we went to in NY. I ordered the Roasted Duck Breast. It was cooked perfectly and was paired nicely with charred onions and a fennel soffrito. I also had an order of their Truffle Mac-n-Cheese special. I hope that this dish is also available anytime, it was delicious and creamy. Matt ordered the Rack of Lamb that he absolutely loved. It came with a squash ratatouille too. He also had a side of Crispy Duck Fat Potatoes that was nice and crispy, but I enjoyed my side much more. For dessert we had the Raspberry Beignet that had a vanilla dipping sauce. This dessert is the restaurant's signature dish and I can see why. It was very yummy, light and fluffy.

Roasted Hudson Valley Duck Breast - charred spring onions with rhubarb and a fennel soffrito
Truffle Mac n Cheese
Crispy Duck Fat Potatoes with Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Colorado Rack of Lamb - with a summer squash ratatouille 

 Raspberry Beignet - vanilla dipping sauce

2 comments:

  1. Raspberry beignet and duck fat potatoes! Oh, I'm coming right over New York! I lived there in the 60s and 70s so I'm really keen on knowing what's new in New York. You have a great blog! I'm following you from Rome but I actually live in Trapani, Sicily, we're in Rome for the holidays. If you like food come on over to my place...I'm a pretty good cook and cakemaker!:)

    ReplyDelete