Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Burger with a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

We've got some burger patties in the freezer and I've been thinking of an idea for them. I wanted to jot it down before I forgot! I was thinking a roasted red pepper sauce to top on the burgers with slices of Havarti/Manchego cheese. For the spread, maybe process some garlic, shallots, cashew, roasted red peppers, sherry/red wine vinegar, paprika, olive oil, and salt. I wonder how it'll turn out, I'll have to let you know what I end up doing!

Update:
I finally got around to making this and it turned out great! Lots of ingredients but real easy. You just process it all together and serve it on the burgers. I also served the burgers with slices of Havarti cheese and Bibb lettuce on some nice toasted wheat buns. The sauce was a little sweet from the peppers and smoky from the paprika. And the shallots added a little bite. The flavors were really nice and I hope you try it! Here's the recipe, approximately:

Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

1 large shallot
1 1/2 tbsp cashew
4-5 roasted red peppers from the jar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 a slice of bread
salt and pepper to taste

Process all ingredients together.

No comments:

Post a Comment