Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Giada's Pomegranate and Mint Sorbet

Picture of Pomegranate and Mint Sorbet Recipe
Pomegranate and Mint Sorbet
I love Giada - one of my favorite FN chefs. A lot of her recipes are so healthy. And this one definitely lived up to her style. When I saw her make this on tv I had to try it with the ice cream maker my mother-in-law got us. The sorbet was so light and refreshing. And extremely quick and easy to make. I'd recommend it for the upcoming summer gathering. Personally, I would use less mint, maybe half a cup. It really came out strong. So did the orange juice. To combat that, I would probably use a 3:1 ratio of pomegranate juice to orange juice. And I would recommend freezing the sorbet after it comes out of the ice cream maker before eating it. I didn't add chocolate chips to mine, personal preference. I did top it with some white chocolate chips to see, and still think the sorbet is just better alone. Other ideas I had in mixing up this recipe is adding some blueberries as a topper or in place of the mint in the simple syrup. I wonder how apple juice in place of orange juice could be too. Might try it since I have all of this in the fridge, and will let you know!

1 comment:

  1. I bet some chocolate sauce would be good on this. I wonder how it would be with a higher quality pomegranate juice too, I thought it was very minty with strong citrus flavors. I was sometimes searching for the pomegranaite in the sorbet. It was good though!

    ReplyDelete