Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rosemary Honey Vinaigrette

I was in the mood for a simple mixed green salad with an oil and vinegar dressing. Instead of using vinegar, I decided to use the lemon we had in the fruit bowl. But then I got to thinking, oil and vinegar - sounds so boring and not mouth-watering at all. I wanted to add more flavor to the healthy option. Then I remembered my herb garden that I just started growing. When I saw the rosemary I thought that would be different and interesting. I decided to cut a sprig and try it. Rosemary can be overbearing so I wanted to balance it out with something. What better to pair it with than some honey from the farmer's market. This dressing turned out amazing! There was so much flavor and the honey and rosemary worked so well together. I hope you try this quick and healthy twist and enjoy it as much as I did!

Rosemary Honey Vinaigrette
1 sprig of rosemary finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp of honey
1/4 to 1/2 c of olive oil
 salt to taste

Whisk first 3 ingredients together. When well mixed, slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the olive oil, adding more as needed. Add salt to your liking. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment