Monday, September 5, 2011

A Food Network Fan's Travel to NYC - Mesa Grill

Mesa Grill
Chef Bobby Flay

So when I think of Bobby Flay, I think of something grilled. Therefore, we decided to try the Mesa burger and the Green Chile Cheeseburger.  They were okay. Don't get me wrong, they were good. But I was expecting great, amazing burgers from Bobby Flay. He's always seems so confident on his shows, so I guess I set the bar kinda high for him. My Mesa burger was just a normal good burger, with lots of cheese. The horseradish mustard was good, but of course strong. Matt's burger we felt would be better without the pickled red onions. There was just so much of it and it overpowered the burger. I felt like the burgers I enjoyed from Shake Shack (will post about later) was better than the ones we ordered at Mesa Grill. I really enjoyed the seasoned fries though. And the cornbread that came with your meal was good. I'm not a big fan of cornbread, but his had some corn in it and was moist.

Mesa Burger - with Double Cheddar Cheese, Grilled Vidalia Onion + Horseradish Mustard on a House Roll and Southwestern Fries

Green Chile Cheeseburger - with Queso Sauce, Roasted Poblanos Pickled Red Onions and Southwestern Fries (not captured in picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment