Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Food Network Fan's Travel to NYC - The Standard Grill

The Standard Grill

The Standard Grill is located near a really cool park - High Line Park. I would highly recommend taking a stroll there and taking in all the architecturally neat designs. Also, while you're in the area, visit the Chelsea Market. Very neat market. Oh and Morimoto's restaurant is located in the area. So many great things in the Meatpacking District/Chelsea area. But back to the restaurant. The Standard Grill is located in a cool hotel near High Line Park. The hotel is kinda cool too. But the restaurant is known for its brunch. My friend Hannah recommended this place for brunch and it was yummy! The atmosphere was nice. And boy was it busy! I love poached eggs and hollandaise sauce so I ordered the Classic Eggs Benedict. Yummy! It was served with Canadian Bacon, which was not very fatty. And its hollandaise sauce was perfect. Served over an english muffin and a side of herb roasted potatoes that were very good. Matt had the French Toast with Strawberry Compote. It was good as well. The toast was sliced very thick though. Another thing to note was the bread that came before the meal. It was hard on the outside and soft on the inside. I loved it and I'm not usually big on bread. And while you're there, check out their cute doggy salt and pepper shakers. I wanted to buy a set but Matt wouldn't let me :(



Classic Eggs Benedict - with Canadian Bacon and Hollandaise on a Muffin & Herb Roasted Potatoes
French Toast with Strawberry Compote

No comments:

Post a Comment